Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Watermelon Festival/Easton Corbin Concert

Being originally from Hope, Arkansas, I've seen Many o' Watermelon Festivals in my life! And we usually try to take the kids...but for some reason we've missed the last few years.:(. I entered a contest to win 4 free reserved seat concert tickets to see Easton Corbin. And honestly, even though I didn't know who he was, I thought it'd be fun anyway ;). Well, I submitted a watermelon recipe on this fb contest...and was selected for my recipe to be on a morning tv section on a cable channel. My kids thought it was Sooo cool that my name was said on tv. Lol. I won the free tickets... I learned who Easton Corbin was...and we had a blast! Dr Sarah Payne( the Dr that I work with on Fridays) won tickets too! So we met up!! Ps... She's sweet, smart...and SINGLE!!! She reads my blog and she will want to kill me for that. Lol

Another instance...my kids wanted the spray tattoos...I let them choose their images...at least they were both religious sentiments ;)

And last but not least... As we were walking down the festival trails, one of the booth owners called out to us, asking if Paige was our little red head. She said that a man had stopped by the booth earlier and paid in advance for the next red head that passed by to have a free fresh fruit Popsicle. And Paige was the winner!!! She loved it!! They were so sweet, they even offered Trace and Marci a free Popsicle also! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment