Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Salvation

There is nothing more special than leading your child to Christ! Marci came to me when she was almost six...it was Mother's Day, so I remember it well...she began to ask questions about asking Jesus into her heart. Well, bc I didn't want to rush her, we took it slow and talked to the pastor and the children's minister along the course of the last couple of years. The children's minister, Tonya Byrd, even took her out for yogurt one day and explained that each time we talk about this important decision, she would connect one more dot in a dot to dot picture...and when she finally connected all the dots, she would get the whole picture and would understand!! Well... A couple of Sundays ago, we had several of our church kids get baptized and as Marci was watching that, I knew more questions would come...and they did. After church she "cornered" me in my bedroom and we talked and talked. She knew what sin was and the need to ask Jesus into her heart. She go the "whole dot to dot picture"!! She prayed her own prayer, inviting Jesus into her heart!!!! I'm so proud of my girl!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment