Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Heritage Church, Texarkana

I cannot even tell how much I love our church....ok...I'll try!! We've been a part of Heritage for 9 years. When we first visited, the church was brand new. Within a couple of months, I remember being able to sit in the Sunday morning service and name each person. Since then we have grown to 3 services on Sunday mornings!!! I still strive to at least be able to recall names...but I miss the target on some attempts. Haha.
I'm so grateful to our church staff and for the calling that each of them have to serve...to make our church run so smoothly and efficiently! Our goal is to make church comfortable for the unchurched. In that attempt, it's a very casual environment! We have simplified all of our ministries to make them specific to the goal of reaching the unchurched. Our numbers have grown so much over the past decade that it is necessary for our facilities to expand as the congregation does! So...our church has diligently sought God's plan and a new facility is in the works!! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us in the decades to come!!
Sunday morning was great, as Bro Tim Montgomery finished the series "Men of Valor"!! If you've not met Tim Montgomery, you are missing out!! He is so down to earth and can Preach the word like WOW!!! I really am speechless when it comes to describing him. Lol
Sunday was the groundbreaking ceremony...complete with NOW( Night of Worship) and fireworks!!
I cannot begin to tell you of the talent that our praise team has...ok...I'll try ;).
Kale Magness, Connie Magness, David Magness and Justin Magness...Casey Lauterbach...Stephen Dumas...Whitney Burt... Jolena Hays...Cullen Murray...David Farren...Katelyn...oh my these people made the house rock in praise by using their spiritual gifts!! It took a lot of preparation and practicing...and I'm sure that playing and singing for a solid hour wasn't easy. And the sound and light crew made it look like a concert!!
I am truly blessed to be part of something so amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment