Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chancellor Strack

There is nothing more that breaks my heart when I see a parent lose a child.  I put myself in the situation and almost melt to nothing to even attempt to imagine life without my children.  Our 2nd day in Vegas, we were sitting in a restaurant...waiting on our food...the band was so loud that we couldn't hear each other...so we resorted to Facebook.  Jamie was skimming through his newsfeed and mentioned that there was prayer being requested for the Strack Family.  I immediately pulled up my friend, Aimee Strack's page to see if there was any relation.  I started piecing the pieces together...and the outcome wasn't good...in fact, my sweet friend, Aimee and her husband, Scotty, faced what no parent ever should have to face...the loss of a child.  Aimee was involved in a car accident and been injured, and her 3 year old, Chancellor, had not made it through the surgery that was attempted to save his life.  Jamie and I, immediately, got up, left our food on the table and began to grieve for the family.  It just about did me in that I was states away from Aimee, unable to help and support and be the rock for her, like she would be for me.
I will never forget the day that Aimee told me she was pregnant...and the day that she came back to the office with the Ultrasound picture of Baby BOY #3...and the day that she called and said she had gone into labor 4 weeks early...1 week before the baby shower that we had planned.  To know my friend was having to say goodbye to her baby boy....it's just not fair...WHY?  I've had several friends along the way to lose children, and I grieve for them...I told Jamie, it's like my mind is obsessed with it...my heart grieves for them. I go back to the day that my brother lost a classmate in highschool, Shauntell, I think of her mom all the time...My friend, Meredith and new friend Kathryn, losing babies recently to SMA.  A friend, Sherry Honeycutt, that lost her child in a housefire, a patient of mine who lost a child in an accident...she told me the other day, it never gets EASY...it gets SOFTER...if there has to be an opposite to HARD...it's SOFT when it comes to losing a child. I shared this song with Aimee when it came to my mind in that Vegas hotel room.  I know that God doesn't mind the "WHYS" that we ask.
In Church this morning, we had a guest speaker...Teena Elrod spoke about using the tragedy in her life to be transformed to Hope and be totally restored by God's grace and eventually be able to mentor to others.  She, along with our pastor, Tim Montgomery(he and his wife have lost a child) spoke of tragedies...and how God does NOT cause the bad...it is the ENEMY...SATAN...he is the one that tries to shake us and make our faith waiver.
Jesus says in John 10:10  says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."
And Bro Tim also shared, that when we survive the tragedy,  and take the same tool that the enemy tries to use and use that tool for good to comfort others...that's how we conquer...and he shared this verse.
Romans 8:35-39 says, "Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36(As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”o) 37No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
38And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,p neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."


I pray for the Strack Family...I pray for Aimee's physical condition(She injured her neck).
I pray for Scotty and Aimee's strength and faith.  I pray for Thatcher and Sauloman...they will miss their little brother.  I pray for their finances. I pray for the driver of the 18 wheeler, that was involved in the accident.  The accident report stated his name is Antwaun Martin from Ohio. Please join me in lifting them up in prayer.


Chancellor Thad Strack departed this world and entered into the loving arms of Jesus on April 10, 2012, in Texarkana, TX. Chancellor was born on October 28, 2008, to his adoring parents, Scotty and Aimee Strack. He was a great little brother and son who loved his family with all his heart. He would tell them, “I love you so BAD!!” He loved to be outside playing and especially liked to play baseball with his brothers. He would be proud and say, “I hit the ball so hard and run fast.” Going to the river with his friends and family was always an exciting time. Chancellor was a strong willed little boy and had a favorite saying “I got to”. It was hard to deny him anything when he told you that, like drinking Bug Juice and eating his candy necklaces. He looked forward to spending the weekends with his Omie and Papo and Busia and JaJa. He would play hard with all his cousins and ride 4-wheelers with “The Bubbba’s”. When he wasn’t playing outside, he enjoyed the quiet time with Diego and his adventures with the animal friends. He had a special friend, Carly, who he loved to dance with, and a favorite friend, Trace, he played cars with. Whenever he saw his buddies, “Keldie and Yance”, it always put a smile on his face. Some of his happiest times was sleeping with Momma and Da-da in their bed and wrestling with “The Bubbas”. He loved his puppy, Mack, and thanked his momma every day for bringing home that puppy.

Chancellor is survived by his parents Scotty and Aimee Strack, his brothers Sauloman and Thatcher of New Boston, TX; grandparents, David and Linda Strack of Conway, AR, and Danny and Pam Akers of Greenbrier, AR; great-grandparents, Margaret Strack of Conway, AR, and Charles C and Jeanne Akers of Greenbrier, AR; uncles and aunts, Brandi Malone of Greenbrier, AR and Kevin and Robin Strack of Sherwood, AR, Christopher and Stephanie Strack (Godmother) of Conway, AR; cousins, Landan and Finley Malone of Greenbrier, AR, and Mason and Heidi Strack of Sherwood, AR; Godfather, Jason Miller (a.k.a. Jason Aldean) of Greenbrier, AR.

He was preceded in death by his great-grandparents, the late Martin Strack of Conway, AR, the late Ted and Rosie Bargiel of N.Little Rock, AR, and the late William C and Dora Maxine Mills of Greenbrier, AR.

His memorial service will be at 11:00 AM, Saturday, April 14, at the St. Joseph Catholic Church in Conway, AR. The visitation will be at 6:00 PM, Friday, April 13, followed by Rosary at 7:00 PM, at the St. Joseph Catholic Church in Conway, AR.

Local Services will be held at 6:00 P.M. Monday, April 16, 2012 at Rock Creek Baptist Church, Simms, with Bro. Steve Minter officiating. Memorials may be made to the Strack family benefit account at Bancorp South, # 1120525439





No comments:

Post a Comment