Monday, March 26, 2012

The Sitzes' Family

The Sitzes' Family has always meant so much to my family and I. Such a good group of people and over the years have formed a special bond to our family. When I was 14 years old, Dr David and Cathy Sitzes asked me to babysit their 2 boys, Bryan and Evan. At the time, they were ages 4 and 2!! I loved the time that I spent with them...each summer...we had tons of fun...some of my favorite memories!! I will never forget the day that their mom, Cathy, came up to me at church and asked if she could name baby #3 after me!!! Wow!!! Did I feel special!! I just remember telling her that I'd be honored but suggested that she change the spelling, since "Jenee'" always seemed to confuse folks. ;). Alas, Barbara Jenae Sitzes was born. Her mother, Cathy, passed away soon after and our hearts were broken. She was such a good mother and a wonderful Christian lady! I remember how she wrote out my checks...how she wrote my name with the E's that looked like backwards 3's...and how she always had Miracle Whip light in the fridge. I know those things are silly but I looked up to her...in fact I still buy Miracle Whip Light to this day and think about her.

David's parents, Dr Lester and Mrs Barbara lived across the street...so it was convenient for us to go visit whenever the kids desired! Dr Lester Sr passed away this weekend, so we went to Hope for the visitation. I got to see "little Jenae"...who is a SR this year and plans to go to University of Houston to major in English. Bryan is running a shoe store in NWA! And Evan is in Japan!!! He wasn't able to make it to Hope bc of distance.

I had Marci snap a pic of "Big Jenee' and Little Jenae", since it's few and far between that we get to see each other. We will always have a special bond!! It was good seeing the whole family but under unfortunate circumstances.

And then, if you will, take a trip down memory lane with me...
Bryan, Evan and Jenae at our wedding!
Bryan and Evan...playing in the leaves!
Jenae...what a precious angel!  And you can see Cathy's picture attached to her bassinet!
And  here she is today...ALL GROWN UP!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment