Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Gender Reveal" Party

My friend from hygiene school, Shelbi Joy, is expecting baby #2!  Several months ago, I text  her one morning telling her that I just dreamed she was pregnant!  She text or called later and said that was too funny...because she and her husband, Chris, had really been discussing having a Baby #2! She told me I'd be the first to know, when the dream came true...so a few months later, when she called...the dream had come true...and she was PREGNANT! Yippee!!  The "new" thing these days are "Gender Reveal" parties...where the couple cuts into a cake to discover whether the inside is Pink or Blue to indicate boy or girl! So, everyone gets to find out at the same time...even the mom and dad!  This was my 1st gender reveal party to attend and it was really a lot of fun!!  Shelbi lives in Tyler, which is 2 1/2 hours away...so when I got the invitation, I didn't think it would be practical to go...but Jamie had other thoughts...and surprised me with the idea when I woke up Sunday morning.  So, we threw things into bags and headed that way!  I miss living in Tyler...it's such a fun town!  Jamie and I took a trip down memory lane together, of our times living there.  Passed by the house that we built there...and the church we attended...and the different places we frequented!  
We checked out a new restaurant while we there...CHUY'S...it was delicious!!









Paige wasn't feeling well ;(

It's BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a BOY!!! Jagger Ellis Joy

Big Sister Aniston...not sure if she was crying because "it's a BOY" or if the screams of everyone grabbed her attention more than she was prepared for! :)


This picture cracks me up!  Shelbi is looking at the Ultrasound picture(that was  placed in a sealed envelope by the U/S Tech for verification purposes)...she's a little confused at the anatomy! LOL

1 comment: