Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

Marci and I started brainstorming a while back on what we could come up with for her friends for Valentine's Day! I remembered years ago, I had made a "stress ball" by putting flour inside a deflated balloon...I don't know what made me think of it, but thought we could use it to our advantage! And what better than a pun to make it even cuter! "give me a squeeze" ...I know, I know... ;)
This takes some patience...getting the flour into the balloon...
We stamped an image and colored them...and tied them around the balloon....
Slightly out of order...but this is the beautiful card that Marci made me for Valentine's Day!
These lipglosses are for Marci's teacher and Paige's sitter....Had to come up with a "pun" for this one too...SHINE was as good as it got...it was getting late! LOL
Marci and Nonnie went shopping last week and bought me a valentine present...Marci has been so excited to give it me...and tonight she couldn't wait any longer. She insisted that I open it!! She got me this cup and some yummy chocolate. The cup is so special because it symbolizes a life that was taken so early by SMA(Spinal Muscle Atrophy)...Miller McNeil Woodruff...his initials form 5 peaks when put together in a continuous flow...MWM...and when Marci and Nonnie(my mom) saw this cup...they thought of Miller and knew how special he and his family are to me...and decided to get it for me for Valentine's Day.  If you don't know of Miller's story...go to www.imwithmiller.com  It's a cup that I will cherish!! 

Paige's sitter and her husband worked for 3 hours making cookies for each child and their siblings(Marci even got one)...Laury, knowing that I don't allow Paige to have sweets(other than fruit), begged of me to allow her to have a piece...so I did..just a little bit...and she loved it! Thank you LALA! :)
Marci had a manicure after school today...and "Emma Grace" got her nails done when we got home!  Marci's friend, Maddie Radford, got to take a trip to the American Girl Doll store in Dallas and picked up a few things for Marci...one of which was nail polish stickers that stick on the doll's nails! Thank you Maddie!!
Jamie and I got Marci and Emma Grace matching Pajamas!! and Nonnie made Emma Grace this cute Pom Pom necklace!

ps....Trace got a cool watch...and candy...etc etc etc...our kitchen looks like Cupid exploded! It's just not cool to take a pic of a GUY on Valentine's Day...but he accepted the gifts with stride! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment