Thursday, November 17, 2011

Streamline Youth Ministry

This picture might give you a glimpse of what you see on an average Wed. night of "Streamline" at Heritage Church, Texarkana....but I feel compelled to venture out and paint a more vivid picture for you guys!!

Imagine, if you will...
*hundreds of youth gathered worshipping our Creator!
*arms raised in praise...voices raised even higher, singing praise to our Father!
*friendships that will last forever b/c of the ground on which it stands! 
*a group that calls each other "family" b/c that's how they honestly feel!
*friends hugging each other...friends praying together...friends crying together...friends sticking up for each other!
*student after student being baptized, after stating their testimony
*students leading prayer...students leading worship...students involved in dramatization...
*a youth minister(David Farren) whom has a heart for our youth...and leading them to Christ!  A leader that goes above and beyond the call to go to each school in our area EVERY week to have lunch with our students.  a youth minister who has a direct vision from God and teaches what HE has put on his heart!
*a young lady that stood up for a friend that was being bullied....but in the end, he still felt hopeless and committed suicide.  a young lady that has plans to start an "anti-bullying campaign" b/c God has placed it on her heart to do so!...so that she might find a way to help others that are being bullied...and to stop those that do bully....and to teach others that "Sticks and Stones may break my bones...but words hurt even more!"
...and I'm sure once I press "Publish Post" and lie my head on my pillow to rest tonight, I will think of other things that I should've added to this list.  But in the end...I know you catch my drift.  This is not a Heritage Baptist Church thing....it's not a Texarkana thing...it's not a youth group thing...it's a GOD thing.  There is a revolution going on right now in the lives of our youth....I praise HIM that my son is a part of it.  I'm so very thankful for our church leadership and pray very often for each one!

No comments:

Post a Comment