Friday, July 22, 2011

8 Months already?!!!

I have been taking a picture like this each month of Paige's life...and already it is amazing to look back and see how she's changed...in just short 8 months!  I thought I'd share some of her accomplishments each month through blog...and what better time to start than now.

Weight:  17.5 lbs.  (I took Marci to the Dr today and had them weigh Paige just out of curiosity).

Sleep:  She FINALLY started sleeping through the night!!  She goes down around 8-9 pm and wakes up between 5-6 am...nurses and then falls back to sleep for another couple of hours.  This works great for her and it works great for my schedule b/c I usually leave the house around 7 am to take her to the sitters' house. She stays with Ms Laury T, W, Th...and then with daddy on M and F.  This summer Grandmom Virginia has been coming on M and F...and Nonnie Judy stops in for visits too...she is one spoiled little girl with all the love and attention she gets!

Eat:  She nurses morning, noon, afternoon and night. 
       Breakfast:  She loves rice cereal or oatmeal with fruit; yogurt
       Lunch:  Veggies
       Snack:  Veggie/fruit puffs, Yogurt Puffs, etc with Sippy of Water
       Supper:  Veggies and Fruit
She loves a great variety of foods...everything I make, she takes it in! So far this has been her menu:
Squash, peas, beans, green beans, kale, spinach leaves, sweet potatoes, eggplant, avocado, asparagus, carrots, potatoes, mangos, blueberries, bananas, pears, persimmons, apples, kiwi, peaches, plums, cherries, nectarines.  Everything has been really easy to prepare so far, except the cherries...it's a pain pitting them :(  On a good note, Marci discovered that she likes them.  I have to say I've never bought them before, mainly because it's not something I grew up eating...and never thought to get them...Glad to introduce my kiddos to new foods...it tickles me when they enjoy it! :)

Playtime:  Marci passed down an old doll of hers to Paige recently.  This doll has a soft body but hard face and when you press her belly she makes babbling noises, etc.  Paige LOVES this doll...she makes babbling noises right back to it and smiles real big...it's like they are having a conversation!

Likes:  She likes to look at books...we try to read a story each night before bed...Marci enjoys this as much as anyone.  She loves to play teacher, so this fits perfect!
She likes hanging on to momma...she's not real keen on anyone taking her AWAY from momma...those little hands grip to my shoulder like molasses!  It's awesome to be so loved :) but a little crazy when momma needs to be doing other things and a baby is attached to the hip.
She likes being outside!
She likes music and dancing!

Milestones:  She's been pulling up and crawling for a couple of months now...she just keeps getting faster.  Jamie mentioned baby gates the other day and I cringed...I hate baby gates!

No comments:

Post a Comment