Saturday, August 13, 2011

Marci's Cooking Party

Marci loves to cook...always wanting to help in the kitchen.  So, when we decided that we'd do a cooking party, I thought "but where?"  My house couldn't accomodate all the kids in the kitchen...nor my oven for all the baking.  I had  heard about "Papa Murphy's Take n Bake" pizza place doing parties, so I checked into it. 
SHOUT-OUTS:
Because Papa Murphy's is a "take n bake" place, they didn't have tables and chairs and the regular set up for a normal party, so we had to provide all of that. (Courtesy of HBC-thanks for letting us borrow tables and chairs)!
My Mother-in-Law made aprons for all the guests and they were fabulous...such a hit!!
My mom bought chef hats for all the gang and I puff-painted the guests' names on them!  She also made the birthday banner that you'll see in the pics!
Amy Lauterbach, a great friend of mine, made the "pizza" cake from a link that I had found online and it truely looked like a pizza!
Marci and I made personalized "place setting cards" for each guest.
Papa Murphy's Staff:  They said they'd never had such a big party before...I think we wore them out! 

PARTY DETAILS:
Set up:  We had 30 mins to set up in the lobby before the party started...so I was a mad-woman who had aLOT of help to get it accomplished!  My nieces and nephews, my mom and dad, Jamie and Trace and Marci all helped get it all together before the guests started arriving!
Pizza Time:  The employees of Papa Murphy's took the kids in the back and let them roll the dough out and then led them through the process of doctoring their pizzas with the various toppings!
Cookie Time:  While the pizzas were baking, the kids went over to do another recipe:  Eskimo Cookies  They got to follow the recipe and measure the ingredients and stir them...roll them into powdered sugar...and place them into their own little "to-go" boxes that Marci had ready for them.  These were "no bake" cookies, so the guests could take them home and eat them immediately! ;)
Just as they were finishing their Eskimo Cookies, the pizzas started coming out of the oven...so they go to eat their pizzas.  YUMMY! 
Present Time:  The kids all got a fruit kabob and sat and watched Marci open her gifts :)
Cake Time:  Sing and Eat...
The End ;)  Quick but wonderful party!! 
Thanks to all my HBC Small Group for  helping with all the stations...That's what friends are for...in baking and cooking...I'll be on your side forevermore...That's what friends are for ;)





















2 comments:

  1. Cute cute party!!! Happy Birthday Marci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cooking party! Love the aprons!

    To answer your question, I wrote the text on my pictures through Picnic. I also use Picasa.

    Your kids are precious!
    Gretchan

    ReplyDelete