Saturday, December 1, 2012

2 year stats

Paige had her 2 year checkup Nov 30, 2012...she weighed 29 lbs (76%) and 33 1/4"(30%) and 19"(69%). Dr Wright quizzed me on her intake of food and drink. He was confirming that she wasnt eating too much ...or inappropriate foods which would (I assume) add unnecessary weight to her body. She eats very well to say the least...but no desserts and no sodas/koolaid or candy...and has healthy snacks and water ... Sooo, he said "the take away is...she's not fat, she's just short! And she doesn't have tall genes on her side." Haha. I guess we just don't want her to grow too much horizontally before she grows vertically. Lol

Paige talks a lot and can say just about anything...mimics a lot! Haha. She knows all of her colors and most shapes and all the basic animals! She likes to count and loves the cash register in this picture...keeps her busy!! She loves puzzles and is quite good at them ;) She can, of course, work the iPhone or iPad better than me. ;))). Her favorite thing right now is the Little People Nativity Scene. I started asking her "who was born on Christmas?" A few weeks back and she always answers "deesus" ;) and loves to kiss the baby Jesus and feed the animals the hay. She loves to play with her babies and nurture them. She loves Dora and bubble guppies and Mickey Mouse!
She is not in the very least interested in potty training, which is just fine with this momma. She is still in her baby bed...which she and I both are comfortable with...and dr wright said it was ok too...sooo maybe by kindergarten she'll be in a big girl bed and potty trained ;) but for now...she's still my baby!!

The manners on this child are incredible to me...only because I don't feel like I've taught them to her...she has just picked them up on her own. Each time we sneeze or cough, she quickly responds with a "bless you, momma" and always a please and thank you, followed by your name. Precious!!
She loves to give "smack" aka kisses.
Her laugh is so contagious!!
She likes to scare you..."boo-ah".

We love our sweet girl so much and Trace and Marci are so good with her...I couldn't be more blessed!

Ps...I'm so glad I have this blog so that I can keep up with these memories. Otherwise, I'd forget. I'm always so afraid that these kind of posts will come across as braggadocious...not my intention at all...just an attempt to keep up with sweet moments ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment